Opinionated GitHub-based light and dark themes for Gitea
Created and tested with Gitea v1.15. The theme might work with future versions though Gitea devs might change some CSS classes in the meantime and things might potentially look odd - just try yourself :)
I might update the theme over time to fix oversights and other issues - no guarantee though.
- If you do not have admin access to a Gitea instance, you can use the Stylus browser extension and use the CSS provided in this repo for the Gitea URL
- If you are an admin and want to make this theme available to all users:
$GITEA_PUBLICis the "CustomPath" of your instance reported by
githubto the comma-separated list in the setting
- Now users can select this theme in their settings under "account"
- (optional) If you want to make this theme the default of your instance, set it in
Changes to default Gitea theme
- Aligned primary green, grey, red and blue colors with GitHub
- Related theme by removing a lot of hover colors and dominant button background-colors
- Aligned markup background to GitHub's value
Dark Theme: User card colors are still in light mode
Hi, like shown in the image below the card shown in the profile of the user is still white, thus the text results a bit hard to read
Edit: The version of gitea used is 1.15.4
dark theme: add some missing color definitions
Thanks for your dark theme, which I really like!
Unfortunately at several places, the original/official light theme is shining through – this PR hopefully fixes most of them. There are probably still several things missing (the official dark theme, arc-green, theme has plenty more color definitions – some of those I "borrowed" here) – and there are places I was not able to fix (like label coloring on the main issues page, or in other places where they appear on dark ground: despite of the text color being applied directly to labels, some
!importantclass definitions seem to overwrite that). Still I think this improves github-dark, so I decided to give something back. Hope you enjoy it.
PS: Tested on Gitea 1.15.3 with Waterfox.