Web administrator of a Library where CRUD (Create, Read, Update & Delete) functions can be managed and performed in Book Entities linked to Author and Editorial Entities, equally editable and customizable.
List of actions that can be performed with Book Entities:
- Create Books with all its main characteristics without repeating the Title and ISBN
- Modify attributes of Books already created
- Choose Authors from a list of Authors created AND enabled
- Choose Editorials from a list of Editorials created AND enabled
- See the list of all Books, Authors and Editorials with all their attributes and be able to disable them in one click
- Establish a quantity of available copies of each Book
Furthermore, it is also possible to register and have a list of Clients Entities with their personal data (Name, Surname, ID and Telephone number) and to be able to make loans in favor of a Client about a particular Book.
This loan functionality has the following features:
- Make Loans only in enabled Clients and with Books also enabled
- Make as many Loans as necessary as long as the Book has copies available, otherwise an error message will be shown
- Have a list with all the Loans (both pending and those already returned) with the loan date and the repayment date (if any)
- Cancel a Loan (make the refund) in a single click
- Old Loans can also be reactivated if and only if there are still remaining copies of such Book
This is a project made as an exercise in the Java 8 language using the Spring Framework with Spring Boot to design a application with a MVC layout model.
In it, you will be able to Create, Read, Modify, and Delete (CRUD) essential data of Entities such as Books, Authors, Editorials, Clients and Loans.
In addition, you can make real loans of your Books to your Clients (as long as there are stocks).
You will have a record of the date on which each Loan was made, which ones are pending repayment and which ones have already been returned and on what date.
This exercise is part of the FullStack Developer course from the EGG Cooperation Institute.
Maven dependencies applied:
- Spring Boot DevTools
- Spring Web
- Spring Security
- Spring Data JPA
- MySQL Driver
- Bootstrap Components
- Bootstrap Free Themes
- MySQL Workbench
- NetBeans IDE
- Visual Studio Code