Movie Catalog - Java (JSP) + PostgreSQL
In this project you will be able to search for movies and see individual information about your favorite ones, create comments, give ratings, create a personal account and much more!
Pair-Programming was a big part of this project, from the setup to the development. Cheers to all my partners!
- PGAdmin 4
- IMBD-DATA clone API
This is an example of how you may give instructions on setting up your project locally. Modify this file to match your project, remove sections that don't apply. For example: delete the testing section if the currect project doesn't require testing.
To get a local copy up and running follow these simple example steps.
- Install JAVA
- Install PostgreSQL V13 or Higher
- Install PG Admin 4 to manage posgreSQL faster
- Install Netbeans 8.2 or higher
- Install GlassFish Server inside Netbeans.
- Download the Files in the FrontEnd Folder
- Create a folder and paste the files inside.
- In Netbeans, Open a new project
- Inside the WEB-INF folder you will see the index.jsp file.
- Run the index.jsp file
- Open the PG admin 4 and create a new Database called login (You can change this if you want, but in the project you will need to change it too)
- Once the DB is create right click -> Restore the file located in the BackendEnd Folder
- Make sure the database is running.
Connection FrontEnd and Backend Setup
- There is a lot of queries to connect the front with the backend, in each query the database name should be the same as the one you created in PG admin 4.
- There is also a field next to the DB set as "123", here you should type your database password.
- Make sure all of the connection queries are propertly setup, JUST CHANGE THE CONECTION NOT THE QUERIES.
- The Index.jsp File is the starting point of the project. Make sure you run this file for the full experience.
- GitHub: @rafaelechart
- Twitter: @rafaechart
- GitHub: @Soreons
Contributions, issues, and feature requests are welcome!
Feel free to check the issues page.
Show your support
- TES university
- Rafael Echart
- Jose Garcia
This project is MIT licensed.